The Great Debate
If you have spent any amount of time in the gym, you have probably seen numerous different exercises done. Cardio, lifting, it never seems to end. On top of this, you may have also seen individuals use free weights like dumbbells or barbells, and also use resistance bands that are stretchy to work your muscles. With all of this going on in the gym, you might be wondering, which is better? Today’s article, in addition to the video above, will briefly go over some pros and cons of using resistance bands, and free weights.
Before We Begin
There are a few different avenues to go down, when looking at the comparison between resistance bands and free weights. Before we look at the differences, I did want to put my recommended resistance bands and dumbbell free weights below for you to check out, in case you did want to grab some after reading this article.
- Resistance bands are cheap
- Resistance bands are easily transportable
- They come in multiple resistance levels
- They are easily storable
- Constant tension is on muscle
- They can break
- You are limited on exercises
- Most resistant bands are too “easy”
- Most gyms have them
- Easily can track progress
- Large exercise selection
- Stabilizing muscles are worked more
- Expensive if buying on your own
- Can be dangerous if you don’t know how to use properly
- Not as transportable as resistance bands
One Final Word..
If you want to continue to improve your overall health and knowledge of the gym, regardless of your current abilities in life, you need to subscribe to our blog. Otherwise, you might be interested in this other video I created on my YouTube channel below, talking about the difference between free weights and machines for beginners.
#gymequipment #freeweights #resistancebands #workoutequipment #resistanceband #weighttraining #gymtips #fitnesstips